Monday, 21 June 2010

Garlic Butter Biscuits


I was making a quick pasta dinner last night and realised I didn't have any crusty bread or rolls to go alongside it - not that you have to have bread with pasta, but I kind of fancied it! I got to thinking about what I could substitute instead that would not take a very long time when I suddenly  remembered the dinner biscuits my Mom used to make using Bisquick baking mix.

Well, I wish I had remembered them years ago.  The reaction I got to them was fantastic, and the whole recipe took about twenty minutes in total. Once again I'm indebted to my late Mom for saving the day in my kitchen, and making me look really, really good!

Here's my Mom's recipe.  Depending on the size of the cookie cutters you use (I used big rounds), you will get between six and twelve biscuits from this recipe.

2¼ cups Bisquick baking mix
⅔ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon dried parsley

Mix the Bisquick and milk together with a fork until well combined.  Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for a minute or two.  Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about a half inch thick and cut with round cookie cutters.  Place the biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Mix the melted butter, garlic salt and dried parsley together in a bowl.  Generously brush the tops of each biscuit with the garlicky butter.

Bake in the oven at 375 - 400℉ (about 190℃) for ten to twelve minutes.  Serve immediately with butter.

2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely! They sound delicious, too. I love recipes one can throw together quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm,..these biscuits look so lovely & ooh so tasty too!!

    Easy to make as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.