Thursday, 10 February 2011

Nigella Lawson's No Churn Pina Colada Ice Cream


I appreciate that it is cold outside in any places at the moment, but I love ice cream and eat it greedily all year round. It works for me, and it is an ethos that I urge you to adopt.

I had no hesitation in trying this recipe from Nigella Lawson’s new book Kitchen, because I have made Nigella’s no churn ice creams before with great success. Anyway, I have a secret weakness for piña coladas (which I rarely indulge) and I was powerless to resist.

It really could not be easier, and it is - quite simply - ambrosia.  You can make it in a matter of minutes, pop it in the freezer and a few hours later, you have a beautiful dessert. It is lovely on its own, but I cannot help but think how wonderful it would be served alongside a slice key lime pie.

If you are working in cups, 125 ml of pineapple juice is ½ cup, 80 ml of Malibu is cup, 100 grams of icing sugar measured out to roughly cup and 500 ml of double (heavy) cream is 2 cups.

For the recipe, please click here.

Nigella also has recipes for a similar Bitter Orange Ice Cream and a Margarita Ice Cream, both which I have made and highly recommend.


4 comments:

  1. April, wow does this sound great! I love all things tropical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy, that's making my mouth water... love piña coladas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... have a question..... do you have to stir the mixture once a while in the freezer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you don't have to. Nigella's no churn ice creams just go in the freezer and stay there. You do bring it out about 10 minutes before you want to serve it though, just for it to temper so that it scoops easily.

      Delete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.