Thursday, 24 March 2011

Nigella Lawson's Maple Pecan Bundt Cake



This is another recipe from Nigella Lawson’s new book ‘Kitchen, Recipes from the Heart of the Home.’ I am so pleased with how this cake turned out! In terms of flavour, texture and sheer appeal, this cake is wonderful. Admittedly, Nigella has a fancier bundt cake pan than I do, but I was very pleased with how it looked nonetheless. The cake is a tiny bit fiddly to make, especially in terms of trying to spread part of the cake batter up the sides of the pan before adding the filling and the remaining batter, but it is worth it. This was the perfect cake in the afternoon with a cup of tea, for dessert with coffee, or even as an extra special breakfast treat. It also looked wonderful sitting on the side in my glass domed cake keeper although it wasn’t there for long!


If you haven’t already, I highly recommend purchasing ‘Kitchen’. It’s a wonderful cookbook and a really great read. I’ve tried several recipes from it already - including No Churn Pina Colada Ice Cream, Venetian Carrot Cake and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake and and they have all turned out beautifully.

I do worry about re-printing recipes without permission, but if you have yet to purchase this excellent cookbook, you can find a the recipe for Maple Pecan Bundt Cake on the Canadian Parents website by clicking here.


4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... Maple and pecan are a good team. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... the cake looks so seducing! Simply irresistible. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're having a great day, April.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baking, love cooking, love recipes! I'll be back often! Hope you stop by: www.mnukgirl.blogspot.com (aka) ...and Bob's your uncle! :) Stopped by from Happy Mommy of Two's blogger award link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! That looks delicious! I'll have to look into the cookbook. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.