Thursday, 19 May 2011

Pasta with Pizzaz in Ina's Garden

Ina's Garden


Welcome to the first themed get together for our new group, Ina’s Garden.  I am a huge fan of Ian Garten, aka the Barefoot Contessa. I love her recipes and the lifestyle she promotes, as well as the sheer joie de vivre she exudes. So, I’ve joined up with a group of like-minded bloggers and twice each month, we will be getting together to cook her recipes, and inviting you to cook with us! The first Thursday of the month is a cook-along recipe that everyone makes and posts about that day. The third Thursday of the month is a themed post where everyone chooses their own Ina recipe that best fits the theme and posts their dish. For both Thursdays, a linky box will be included on all of the host blogs so that you can link up your submission. To read more about the group and how it will work, please click here.


Photo credit Alexander J Harris


For my submission to Pasta with Pizzaz, a theme chosen by Chaya, I decided to make Ina’s Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil, two of my favourite ingredients. The recipe turned out really well, and I found it very easy to make. In fact, aside from quite a lot of slicing, chopping and julienning, it was not all that labour intensive either. This is a great recipe for vegetarians too, just be sure to use a vegetarian Parmesan cheese.
The red pepper flakes added a really nice zing to this recipe and I loved all the gorgeous fresh ingredients. I got all the herbs from my garden, although I did leave out the curly parsley. I really don’t like curly parsley, so I don’t grow it. I’m looking forward to making this recipe again later in the year, when I will hopefully have my own home grown cherry tomatoes. This recipe would also be lovely with if you used both orange and red cherry tomatoes. Not only would it give a lovely flavour, but just imagine how pretty it would look!
It wasn’t warm enough the evening I made this to eat it outside, but we had the French doors in the kitchen open and we opened a lovely bottle of red wine to go along with it. It was wonderful. You can find the recipe by clicking here.
When we meet up next time on June 2nd, we will be making Ina’s Tabbouleh as chosen by Louanne of Louanne’s Kitchen. You can find the recipe on her blog here and also here.
But for now, please do join us, cook one of Ina’s pasta recipes of your choice and link up. You can choose a recipe from one of Ina’s cookbooks, or you can also find her recipes online at Food Network and The Barefoot Contessa. You can also link up past posts from your blog, if you have made one of Ina’s pasta recipes before. The linky is open until May 31st, so there is plenty of time to join in!
Please remember to link to your actual post, not your blog, so others can find your recipe easily, and please include a link back to this post as well, so others can join in too.
Thank you from all of us here at Ina’s Garden,

Louanne of Louanne’s Kitchen

Peggy of Pantry Revisited and


If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy

4 comments:

  1. I was debating on submitting this recipe, but I couldn't get my hands on really fresh cherry tomatoes. Your dish looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I knew about this group. Sounds like fun. I love Ina also, and she is just so much fun!

    Maria
    Cocina Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do come and join in Maria, you would be very welcome!! Feel free to link up any pasta recipe by Ina you have made to this linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never commented on this delicious dish. For shame. I am truly sorry. I was thinking of making this and I still plan to. After seeing yours, I know we will like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.