Thursday, 16 June 2011

Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken Breasts

Ina's Garden
Welcome to another gathering of our group, Ina’s Garden, which I co-host with some other lovely ladies who enjoy the Barefoot Contessa’s recipes as much as I do. We would love for you to join us! To learn more about the group, please click here.

The theme for this week’s gathering was Comforting and Delicious Chicken, which I chose, mainly because Ina has shared such a large collection of wonderful chicken recipes over the years. I decided to make Ina’s Lemon Chicken Breasts from her new book ‘Barefoot Contessa - How Easy Is That?’ You can find the recipe here.

I’ve made a lot of lemon chicken recipes in the past, and often find they are too lemony in flavour, but this was wonderful. The balance of the garlic, white wine and herbs was just perfect. I used fresh thyme from my garden, but dried oregano as that was what the recipe called for. I did use slightly less garlic - only 1 tablespoon as opposed to the 3 tablespoons the recipe called for. My family enjoys garlic, but I think any more would have been too much for us. The only chicken breasts I had were skinless, and although the recipe called for skin on, it still turned out really well. The real beauty of this recipe is how moist it keeps the chicken. The next time, I would double it and make extra. We had one leftover chicken breast and it made the most beautiful chicken sandwiches the next day!

We would love it if you would cook along with us, make one of Ina’s chicken recipes and link up. Click on the links below for inspiration, or check out Ina’s recipes in any of her wonderful books or online at  The Food Network and The Barefoot Contessa. The linky is open until June 28th, so there is plenty of time to join in!

When we next meet on 7th July, we will be making Ina’s Zucchini Gratin, as chosen by Peggy of Pantry Revisited. You can find the recipe here. Again, we would love for you to join in with us. If you need any further information about the group, check out the Ina’s Garden website or email me.

So please join us and link up with one of Ina’s chicken recipes, new or old! Please do link back to me here or to the Ina’s Garden website in your post, so others can join in too.

3 comments:

  1. April, your dish looks like perfection! I had to settle for doing a mashup of two recipes. I'm excited to try Ina's original version though, especially from looking at your result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't prepared an Ina recipe to link up, but just wanted to stop by and say how delish this chicken looks! I love lemon with chicken and this has got to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is an easy and delicious recipe. Thank you for the compliment! You are so welcome to join in if you would like. The linky is open for almost two weeks, so if you get a chance to make one of Ina's chicken recipes, we'd love to have you! Take care and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.