Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Food From the Hearth To Feed Your Soul - The Hearth and Soul Blog Hop No. 55

Hearth and Soul Hop at the 21st Century Housewife
Welcome to the 57th edition of the wonderful Hearth and Soul Blog Hop! It’s another busy week here. Our decorator is back, and I’ve been meeting with the interior designer today as they try to get the living room finished before Friday, when my family and I go on holiday. I’m packing my husband’s bag for a short business trip (he gets home Thursday night) as well as packing for our holiday, sorting out the garden (which is now drowning - I wish we could send some of this rain to the folks who have drought!), re-organising our newly decorated rooms, baking, writing, well, everything except sleeping really! Oh, and I’m getting ready for BlogHer ’11 in San Diego at the end of our holiday, my first blogging conference ever! I’m SO excited! I do hope I will get to meet up with some of you there.
It’s when I am this busy that I really crave comfort food - and I know I will find lots of great inspiration from all your links. Last week’s links were fantastic. I especially enjoyed this delicious Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Ice Cream from A Cook’s Quest
Photo credit A Cook's Quest
And these Homemade Banana Flips from From Apples To Zucchini sound pretty amazing too.
Photo credit From Apples to Zucchini
And last but by no means least, the Blueberry Balsamic Portabella Stuffed Squash from Veggie Converter makes for fabulous comfort food, whether you are vegetarian, vegan, or omnivore!
Please join us and share your favourite recipes and the stories behind them. This week, I’ve shared my late Mom’s wonderful Blueberry Muffin recipe. To read our full mission statement and the rules for linking please click here. Please remember that it is very important you link to your specific blog post and not just your blog, and please be courteous and link back to the hop on one of the host sites. You can use the badge below, by copying and pasting the HTML code into your post, or you can simply use a text link. 

Thank you from all of us on the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop Team,
Alex at A Moderate Life 

1. Paleo Pancakes with Coconut Flour
2. 6 SUPER TIPS FOR CILANTRO
3. How to Make Rose Water (the fast & easy method)
4. Skillet Chops
5. Moms Mac and Cheese
6. Allergy Free Scones!
7. chevre ravioli with lemon kissed pasta
8. Ham-n-Cheese Potato Casserole
9. Summer Low Cal Potato Salad
10. Rice Mix from Scratch-Lemon Parsley Rice
11. Bacon Tomato Cream Cheese Dip &July4th Tradition
12. Cinnamon Butterfly recipe
13. Its My Loaf! Multigrain Bread Tune-up
14. Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
15. Loving Life!
16. Strawberry Summer Blast Smoothie
17. Soda Biscuits
18. Baked Fish With Lemon Dill Compound Butter
19. Whole wheat garlic rolls. . . step-by-step.
20. Pimento Cheese Sandwich Supreme
21. Sun Dried Tomato, Onion & Garlic Bread Rolls SCD
22. My Moms Blueberry Muffins
23. Lemon-Garlic Chicken
24. Leckeres fuer Mensch und Katze
25. Kothu Paratha
26. POLICE SHUT DOWN LEMONADE STANDS IN 2 CITIES!!
27. BOY w/ ASPERGERS FINDS TRUE FREEDOM
28. HELP! Cant Sleep? Natural Sleeping Tips
29. Food Sites and Menu Ideas
30. Agua de Tuna (Prickly Pear Water)
31. Tuscan Minestrone Soup - Presto Pasta Nights
32. Bacon Wrapped Chicken
33. Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
34. Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie
35. Cajun Meat Pies
36. Sausage & Butternut Breakfast Hash
37. Yellow Plum Salad
38. Green Beans with Toasted Breadcrumbs
39. Spicy Brown Rice and Salmon
40. Roasted Tomato Puree
41. Herbed Potato Salad - light and refreshing!
42. Mango banana pistachio cake
43. Corndog Muffins
44. Herbed Potato Salad - light and refreshing!
45. Baked Apple & Honey Glazed Chicken
46. Tegans Queso
47. Kombucha!!
48. Tomato-Cucumber Gazpacho
49. Sinful Cherry Cobbler
50. Berry Muffins
51. Farm-Fresh Quinoa Salad
52. Chicken on rice with creamy dill sauce
53. apple nutmeg waffles
54. Spicy Tamale Pie and Pina Colada Sorbet
55. Fish Tacos
56. Hawaiian Fruit Dip
57. Saving Seeds
58. Healthiest Boredom Foods
59. Chicken cutlets
60. Corn on the Cob Grilling Tip
61. Amaretto Figs
62. ricotta gnocchi with creamy shrimp
63. Mango milkshake
64. The Perfect Blueberry Pie
65. Mango flavored Crêpes
66. Fresh Fruit Smoothies
67. healthy hot weather cooler

This linky list is now closed.

4 comments:

  1. All the recipes on here look great!
    I'm your newest GFC follower from the Totally Tuesday blog hop. Please follow me when you get the chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom's blueberry muffin recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness these recipes look delicious!!! Thank you again for hosting one of the most amazing parties in blogland - I just love your site!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I linked up and am a happy new follower :).

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.