Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Welcome to Let's Do Brunch

Our house redecoration is coming along really well, and I’m excited that we are having house guests this weekend to share the progress with. Aside from some new furnishings, light fittings, blinds and carpets, we are finished with the dining room, entryway, hallway, landing and master bedroom. We are having a bit of a break from it all next week while the decorator goes to do another job. I am looking forward to being able to tidy things up a bit. He’s back again on the 18th, when we will proceed with phase 2 (of 4!). In the meantime, I’ve been very grateful for all the inspiration your wonderful recipes have provided on days when I’ve felt simply too tired to develop new recipes. Chaya of My Sweet and Savory and I look forward to the wonderful recipes you all share each week, and we are grateful for each and every one! 

As always, last week’s recipes were wonderful. Chaya has highlighted two of her favourites over at My Sweet and Savory, and here are some of mine.

Being Canadian (as well as British) I immediately spotted Karen of Trilogy Edibles Oh Canada Puddings in honour of Canada Day last week. It’s an easy recipe, but very effective, and you could use this technique for other celebrations as well.
Photo credit Trilogy Edibles
Following along on the Canadian theme, Concetta of Concetta’s Cafe shared Nova Scotia Blueberry Cream Cake. I love blueberries, and this cake looks very tempting indeed!
Photo credit Concetta's Cafe
And I just had to mention these Classic Peanut Butter Cookies from Goddess of Baking. I haven’t made peanut butter cookies in ages, and this recipe has really made me crave them (especially with the added cinnamon - yum!).
Photo credit Goddess of Baking
Please join us and link up your recipes. Please remember to link directly to your recipe, not your blog home page, and to link back here to Let's Do Brunch. Any recipe that would work for breakfast, lunch or brunch - including a big full brunch buffet - is very, very welcome. Chaya and I can’t wait to see what you share with us this week!



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great group of recipes, I have popped on over to several of these sites-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear April,
    I am so excited for all of your home renovations! It is going to be beautiful!
    Thank you so very much for featuring my Blueberry Cream Cake - I hope you enjoy it!!
    Visiting your blog is like being with a friend - thank you for hosting and making a way for us all to enjoy so many amazing recipes.
    Have a great day!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those peanut butter cookies sound delicious! Thanks for hosting, April. I'm sharing our latest muffin recipe for raspberry/blueberry muffins. Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great group of recipes, April. You will keep everyone well-fed, this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi April....You are going to just enjoy your renovations so much! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for hosting again, April. I'm all linked up and posting your badge/ button on my post too. I'll have my foodie blog hop up and running tonight hopefullly, if you liked to stop by and share a post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For anyone who stops by and then doesn't actually look through any of the links, they're really missing out this week. There are some awesome ones this time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm trying to get all my followers back. My blog was hacked and I had to rebuild. I'm following you again, and could really use a follow on GFC. Thanks!

    http://www.meldreamsoften2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.