Thursday, 11 August 2011

Let's Do Brunch

I managed to get Let's Do Brunch posted on The 21st Century Housewife yesterday, but it didn't quite make it here! We got home yesterday lunchtime, and I am SO grateful that the riots seem to be settling down in London at least, although I am still very concerned, particularly about the situation in the other areas of England that are being so badly affected by the rioters. Thank you so much to so many of you who have been in touch. I deeply appreciate your prayers and support. England really needs them at the moment, and personally I am so grateful to you all. 


I feel very refreshed by our holiday, but I must admit I feel overwhelmed by the political situation here, and also the very mundane issue of the sheer amount of things I need to do around the house! We had some decorating done while we were away so there is a lot of cleanup, plus all the washing, plus my overgrown garden. My husband has hit the ground running and is back at work (from home) this afternoon, so it is back to the usual chaos virtually immediately. The beauty of this is that there is no time to be jet lagged! 
I feel so inspired by the things I learned and experienced at BlogHer ’11, and I can’t wait to write more about them, as well as sharing more of our travel and food experiences from our holiday with you all. But for the moment, I am very late posting Let’s Do Brunch! I have also gotten very behind on my commenting, for which I really do apologise. Now I am back home things will be back to normal. Chaya and I really do appreciate each and every link, and particularly your loyal support of Let’s Do Brunch every week! 
Please do visit Chaya to see her featured recipes from last week. I have chosen to feature these delicious Baked Empanadas from Kristi of Veggie Converter. These spicy and nutritious empanadas are suitable for vegans, but I am sure almost anyone would find them delicious.

I also chose these Peanut Butter Truffle Centred Banana Bread Muffins from the Rickett Chronicles (via Picky Palate). 

They look like such a treat! 

I can’t wait to see what you have to share with us this week. Chaya and I do ask that you please link back here to Let’s Do Brunch as a courtesy , and also so that others can find us and join in too. 




3 comments:

  1. April - In just a few weeks my daughter and her husband will be arriving in Oxford. As they prepare to move, travel, and settle into a new land & life, news of the riots has prompted us to pray even more for them as well as for the people of England.

    Looking forward to seeing what you have to share from BlogHer. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely yumm recipes, I add mine frangine tart!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your daughter and her husband will love Oxford (which thankfully was untouched by the riots), and I hope they settle in really well and feel quickly at home. Thank you for your prayers - England can definitely use them, and I am convinced that prayer is one of the main reasons things have settled down!

    Thank you both for sharing your recipes as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.