Friday, 7 October 2011

The Gallery of Favorites #8


Alea of Premeditated Leftovers and I want to welcome you to the eighth edition of our weekend blog hop, The Gallery of Favorites.
The Gallery of Favorites is a place for you to feature favorite posts from your own blog. Although Alea and I both spend a lot of our time writing about food, we do have many other interests and we know our readers do as well. The Gallery of Favorites is a place for all bloggers to share their ideas, interests and passions. 
Thank you to everyone who shared submissions last week. As always, I was inspired by your contributions! This week, Alea and I want to highlight Jessica of Kitchen Bellicious’ Pecan Rice Pilaf with Spice. 

Photo credit Kitchen Belleicious
Jessica shares wonderful recipes (with lovely photographs to go with them) at her beautiful blog Kitchen Belleicious. Her Pecan Rice Pilaf with Spice is one of the many that have caught my eye over the last while. Jessica’s Pecan Rice Pilaf contains lots of lovely spices, delicious veggies and my favorite ingredient, pecans. Jessica told me she can remember having a similar pilaf dish made by her Grandma as a main course with homemade buttermilk biscuits. What a lovely food memory, and what a perfect meal! I especially like that the pilaf is vegetarian, suitable as both a side dish and a main course, and can be frozen for up to two months so you can have a delicious meal stashed away for busy days. I can tell Pecan Rice Pilaf with Spice is a recipe I will make again and again, so huge thanks to Jessica for sharing it with us.
What will you share with us this week? Any family friendly post, on any subject, is welcome. 
Include a link to your favorite post, rather than to your blog. 
Include a link to one of the hosts in your post, either through text or with our button:

Gallery of Favorites

You are welcome to share older or archived posts, provided you update them to include a link to The Gallery of Favorites.
The Gallery of Favorites will remain open for entries until Monday afternoon.
Please do take the time to visit some of the other entries in our Gallery of Favorites. We get links to some wonderful posts, and it is a great way to discover new writers, or discover a new side to some of your favorite bloggers.
Please remember to drop me an email comment after linking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.