Monday, 20 February 2012

Meatless Monday - Chickpea and Veggie Couscous with Roasted Cashews (Vegan)


One busy evening not so long ago, I threw a few ingredients together for a hearty side dish. The results were delicious enough to merit further investigation, and when I tested the recipe again, I realised it was definitely something that could stand on its own as a vegan main dish. The couscous, chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and cashews all contain protein as well as fiber, and there is iron in the chickpeas and cashews as well. Of course the vegetables are good for you too, full of antioxidants and vitamins. The fact that everything is fairly lightly cooked makes it even more nutritious, as well as quick and easy to prepare. 


To read more, please click here...

1 comment:

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.