Thursday, 16 February 2012

Orange Angel Food Cake with Orange Glaze


Until I made it for the first time a few weeks ago, I had not eaten Angel Food Cake for years. It really isn’t well known or popular in England and it never really crossed my path on our many visits back to Canada. And even though I love to bake cakes, I felt very intimidated about making this particular kind. First of all, there are all those egg whites to separate. Plus, everyone says cakes of this type can be very temperamental, and you to be careful about what pans you use to bake them in. (You need a tube or bundt pan without a non-stick feature, and it’s best to have an actual Angel Food Cake pan really.) But after over fifteen years without a bite of one of my favourite cakes, I got fed up with waiting and decided to go for it.   


To read more, please click here...

10 comments:

  1. Hi, I love this cake. I have been planning to bake an orange cake and was looking for a glaze, will use yours and link you when I post it in my blog.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you enjoy it! Please drop me an email when you publish your post :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I wanted to make an angel food cake this weekend. Looks like I know where to find a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade angel food cake is on my 50 before 50! Can't wait to try your recipe. ~Lisa

    PS: Pinned this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange flavor sounds so wonderful in an angel food cake. This is a lovely cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog via Elizabeth at Food and Thrift. I really enjoyed my visit and will be back. What a lovely cake. It looks absolutely perfect! I haven't baked an angel food cake in years...you have just inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit, and your lovely comment, Kathy! It's lovely to 'meet' you, and I hope you will visit again soon :)

      Delete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.