Thursday, 22 March 2012

Creamed Chicken with Leeks and Mushrooms Inspired by Nigella Lawson



The other night I was perusing my cookbooks, trying to find yet another way to cook chicken. For some reason, I was not in the mood to make a white sauce, so when I saw Nigella Lawson’s Creamed Chicken in her wonderful book ‘Feast’, I was intrigued. The only problem was that Nigella’s Creamed Chicken had no vegetables in it, and I had some particularly nice leeks I wanted to use. Oh, and some mushrooms as well. 

Nigella’s recipe did help me to find a way to avoid a roux, and ironically it was a technique I have used before. You can make lovely cream sauces without flour. They are not always the same texture or consistency, but they are delicious. 

To read more, please click here...

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, what a great, creamy dish without using a roux!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.