Monday, 5 March 2012

Quicker Vegetarian Lasagna for Meatless Monday



One of our favourite family dishes is my Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, but unless you have roasted vegetables on hand, it can take a little bit of time to prepare. The last couple of times I made the recipe I decided to play around with it to speed things up. Instead of using roasted vegetables, I stir fried them, cutting down the cooking time by about 20 minutes. The thinner you chop the vegetables the quicker they cook. I also added some cannellini beans to the recipe for some extra protein. As my family are a bit unsure about beans from time to time, I squished some of them up a bit with a fork to blend them into the sauce. If your family are really unsure about them, you could actually mash the beans before adding them to the sauce, adding flavour, texture and nutrition without giving away the secret ingredient! I still make my original recipe when I have roasted veggies on hand, but this makes a great change on busier days.

To read more, please click here...

1 comment:

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.