Monday, 26 March 2012

Spinach Florentine Pasta Bake for Meatless Monday



This dish is inspired by a recipe from the late Linda McCartney’s book, ‘Linda’s Kitchen’. Her layered Spinach Fusilli Bake always appealed to me, except that I wasn’t keen on the idea of a layer of pasta dressed with olive oil and garlic in the middle, and I knew my husband and son would not care for the sliced tomatoes on top. I decided to dress the pasta layer with a pesto spiked tomato sauce instead, and the results were absolutely delicious. I also added mushrooms to the spinach florentine layer both for flavour and nutrition. I’m not sure Linda would recognise her recipe, but if I hadn’t read her version, I would never have thought of this one! 

To read more, please click here...

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous pasta bake! Talk about hearty, healthy and delicious! Bookmarking this for one of my meatless days!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.