Friday, 6 April 2012

Carrot Macadamia and Cranberry Muffins


Photo credit Alex Harris

I somehow accumulated a lot of carrots in my crisper and I definitely needed a delicious way to use them up before they started to go floppy. Luckily I found a recipe for carrot and nut muffins in my Mom’s recipe box. However, it did have a lot of sugar in it (a whole cup of the stuff!) and when push came to shove it was just another carrot nut muffin recipe. I got to thinking about ways I could reduce the sugar - after all carrots are one of the sweeter vegetables - and make the recipe a bit more exciting. I had some macadamia nuts in my pantry, and beside them were a package of Craisins - sweetened dried cranberries. I won’t say that a lightbulb appeared above my head, but it was one of those wonderful moments when you just have a inkling something is going to taste good. Thankfully, the inkling was right!

I thought this recipe would make a more grown up sort of muffin - perhaps not the kind kids would love - but I was happily proved wrong when I shared these with friends. Even the youngest - age 3 - loved them! These Carrot Macadamia & Cranberry Muffins are crowd pleasers without a doubt. 

To read more, please click here...

1 comment:

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.