Thursday, 26 April 2012

Easiest Ever Red Velvet Cake



I intended to make a Red Velvet Cake so that I could join in the Cooking with Teeny party over at Rattlebridge Farm last Friday, but someone pressed the fast forward button on my life a few weeks ago and has yet to remove their finger. 

Despite missing the party, I was still determined to make the cake. You see, I’ve never made a Red Velvet Cake before, nor have I tasted one that was actually homemade. Red Velvet cake is only just catching on over here in England (I know, I can’t believe it either) so the only thing red velvet I have ever tasted was a few bites of the Red Velvet Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory in Boston. 

I had planned to use the gorgeous traditional Red Velvet Cake recipe in A Teeny Bit of Trouble but I never seemed to have the time I needed to devote to it. As if by magic, I came across a recipe for Red Velvet Cake that seemed too good to be true. It involved literally putting all the ingredients in a mixer bowl and turning the mixer on - kind of like a cake mix, but with more ingredients. I had my doubts about how well it would turn out. When it comes to making cakes, I don’t really believe in short cuts, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so I gave it a try. 

To read more, please click here...

1 comment:

  1. I love red velvet but it seems to have so many steps. Thanks for your easier version!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.