Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Orange Pecan Cookies



I’ve always loved baking. In fact, when I won the Art Award at primary school back in 1977 (which came with a small prize in the form of a bookstore gift certificate),  I bought the Betty Crocker Cooky Book with it. (That is how they spelled cookie on the front cover, with a ‘y’.) I remember choosing the book at The Provident Bookstore in Stanley Park Mall in Kitchener, Ontario. Most of our books came from the library so actually purchasing a book was pretty exciting. I’m not sure it was a book my art teacher would have had me to buy, but I was incredibly pleased with it. In fact, not only have I kept it all these years, I still cook from it. Of course the recipes are a little dated in some cases, so I do play around with them quite a bit, but it gives me a peculiar thrill to know that I am still baking from the very first cookbook I ever bought all those years ago. 

To read more, please click here...

3 comments:

  1. I own the same "cooky" cookbook! Bought mine at a local thrift store a couple years ago -- AnnaLynn loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that you have the same book! It really is a classic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look tasty. And, I like that spelling!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.