Sunday, 6 May 2012

Blueberry Bread & Butter Pudding or Blueberry French Toast Casserole



I grew up in Canada, where Sunday Brunch is a really big deal, but in England where I live now, it’s Sunday lunch that is the culinary focus of the day. While brunch can be a range of treats from the scrumptious egg and bacon feasts my Dad used to prepare when I was growing up to pancakes or even a buffet, Sunday lunch is more prescribed and generally involves some sort of roast, potatoes and two vegetables plus a dessert. Bearing in mind our household consists of two dual citizens and a pure bred Brit, we tend to have a balance between the two. Honestly? I still prefer brunch! 

The gorgeous thing about this recipe is that it is perfect for either meal, whether you want to call it Blueberry French Toast Casserole and serve it as part of a brunch feast or use it as dessert at Sunday lunch as Blueberry Bread and Butter pudding. 

To read more, please click here...

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious dish. I may have to make this for my mother on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.