Thursday, 3 May 2012

Chinese Food Made Easy - Chicken with Cashew Nuts


Photo Alex Harris

As much as I love Chinese food, I find that the stuff served in restaurants is often disappointing. With day-glow coloured sauces and some strangely artificial flavours, it is never quite as I hoped it would be. It’s certainly nothing like the food you would be served in someone’s home in China. That’s where the wonderful Ching-He Huang comes in. Author of several cookery books, including Chinese Food Made Easy, Ching is quick to point out that traditional Chinese food is healthy food. Her aim is to “demonstrate how light, healthy and simple Chinese cooking can be”and by simplifying and modernising traditional dishes she makes them much more accessible and easier to cook.

One of my favourite recipes from Chinese Food Made Easy is Ching’s Chicken and Cashew Nut Stir Fry. 

To read more, please click here...

1 comment:

  1. Yum. Love this when I go to the Chinese buffet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.