Monday, 18 June 2012

Mediterranean Wheat Berry Casserole


Photo Alex Harris

We eat pretty well in our house, but I’m always trying to increase the number of healthy foods in our diet. My husband and son always tease me about it. The first time I made this casserole, my husband said that if we’d left the wheat berries uncooked we might have been able to make Sugar Puffs cereal from them, and my son put ketchup on them - but both of them cleaned their plates! 

Up until very recently, we had never tried wheat berries. Then my husband and I tasted them in in a restaurant, and we were pleasantly surprised. Wheat berries are are entire wheat kernels, containing all the goodness of the whole grain. 

To read more, please click here...

2 comments:

  1. April, this looks scrumptious. I have never had wheat berries and it is time to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicious and fresh looking!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.