Sunday, 22 July 2012

Barbara's Can't Fail Chocolate Cake


Amaretto Laced Whipped Cream with Fresh Raspberries & Chocolate Cake

My Grandmother, Ruby Sybil Wild, was born in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Her mother worked as a cook for a family in a large stately home, so she was raised by her grandparents. Ruby loved the place where she lived and was devastated when her mother decided to move her to Canada at the age of six. Although she would never see them again, my Grandmother Ruby kept in close touch with her grandparents, and also her extended family including her Uncle Albert and his sons Alan and Noel. After my Mom wrote to tell him my Grandma had passed away, Uncle Albert kept in touch with us. One of the first letters I wrote was to him, a thank you for a present he had sent from the magical far away land of England. I wrote to him regularly after that.

To read more, please click here...

2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious! I would so love to try some. I am sure it tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for visiting.